MATTHEW CHAPTER 21
VERSE, 15, 16
15) And when the chief priest and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying. Hosanna to the Son of David; they were very displeased.
16) And said unto him. Do you hear what these say? And Jesus said unto them. Yea: have you never read? Out of the mouth of babes and infants you have perfected praise?
MATTHEW CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4
1) At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying. Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2) And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them.
3) And said, verily I say unto you. Except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4) Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
LUKE CHAPTER 19
VERSE, 37, 38, 39, 40
37) And when he came near, even now at the descent of the mount of olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
38) Saying. Blessed be the king that comes in the name of the lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39) And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him. Teacher, rebuke your disciples.
40) And he answered and said unto them. I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
NUMBERS CHAPTER 22
VERSE, 25, 26, 27, 28
25) And when the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam’s foot against the wall: and he stuck her again.
26) And the angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place, where there was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.
27) And when the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam’s anger was kindled, and he struck the donkey with a staff.
28) And the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said unto Balaam. What have I done unto you, that you have smitten me these three times?
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 18, 19, 20, 21
18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, he takes the wise in their own craftiness.
20) And again. The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21) Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
10) And the LORD came, and stood, and called as to other times. Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered. Speak; for your servant hears.
11) And the LORD said to Samuel. Behold. I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that hears it shall tingle.
12) In that day I will perform against Eli all the things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin I will also make an end.
13) for I have told him that I will judge his house forever for the iniquity which he knows; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.
14) And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli’s house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering forever.
ECCLESIASTES CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 11, 12, 13, 14
11) The words of the wise are as goads, and as a nails firmly fixed by the masters of assemblies, which are given by one shepherd.
12) And further, my son is admonished by these: of making many books there is no end: and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
13) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear god, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man
14) For God shall bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it is good, or whether it is evil.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 19, 20, 21
19) For it is written. I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20) Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21) For since in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
8) But you be not called Rabbi: for one is your teacher, even Christ: and all you are brothers.
9) And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, who is in heaven.
10) Neither be you called masters: for one is your teacher, even Christ.
11) But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12) And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased: and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
GENESIS CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
5) And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built.
6) And the Lord said. Behold, the people are one, and they have all one language: and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7) Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech
8) So the Lord scattered them abroad from there upon the face of all the earth: and they left off building the city.
9) Therefore is the name of it called Babel: because the Lord did there confuse the language of all the earth: and from there did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
ACTS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
4) And they were all filed with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the spirit gave them utterance.
5) And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6) Now when this was sounded abroad, the multitude came together, and was confounded, because every man heard them speak in his own language.
7) And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another. Behold, are not all these who speak Galileans
8) And how hear we every man in our own tongue, in which we were born?
9) Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia.
10) Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11) Cretans, and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
ACTS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 38, 39, 40, 41
38) Then Peter said unto them. Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40) And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying. Save yourselves from the corrupt generation.
41) Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
NUMBERS CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men:
2) And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty leaders of the assembly, representatives of the congregation, men of renown:
3) And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them. You take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the Lord is among them: why then lift you up yourselves above the congregation of the Lord?
DANIEL CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
5) In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand, and wrote opposite the lamb stand upon the plaster of the wall of the king’s Palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.
6) Then the king’s countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his hips were loosened, and his knees struck one against another.
7) The King cried aloud to bring in the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers. And the king spoke, and said to the wise men of Babylon. Whosoever shall read this writing, and show me its interpretation, shall be clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of gold about his neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom.
8) Then came in all the kings wise men: but they could not read the writing, nor make known to the king its interpretation.
9) Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonished.
JAMES CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8
5) If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally, and reproaches not: and it shall be given him.
6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7) For let not that man thing that he shall receive anything of the Lord.
8) A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 10, 11, 12
10) And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.
11) And God said unto him. Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked for yourself long life: neither have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies: but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice.
12) Behold. I have done according to your words: I have given you a wise and an understanding heart: so that there was none like you before you, neither after you shall any arise like unto you.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 44
VERSE, 24, 25
24) Thus say the Lord, your redeemer, and he that formed you from the womb, I am the Lord that makes all things; that stretches forth the heavens alone; that spreads abroad the earth by myself.
25) That frustrates the omens of the liars, and makes diviners mad: that turns wise men backward, and makes their knowledge foolish.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 47
VERSE, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
10) For you have trusted in your wickedness: you have said. None see me. Your wisdom and your knowledge, it has perverted you: and you have said in your heart, I am, and there is none else besides me.
11) Therefore shall evil come upon you: you shall not know from where it is rises: and mischief shall fall upon you: you shall not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon you suddenly, which you shall not know.
12) Stand now with your enchantments, and with the multitude of your sorceries, in which you have labored from your youth: perhaps you shall be able to profit, perhaps you may prevail.
13) You are wearied in the multitude of your counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save you from these things that shall come upon you.
14) Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame; there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor a fire to sit before.
LUKE CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 44, 45, 46, 47
44) Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees hypocrites! For you are as graves which are not seen and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.
45) Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Teacher thus say you reproach us also.
46) And he said woe unto you also, you lawyers! For you load men with burdens hard to be borne, and you yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
47) Woe unto you! For you build the sepulchers of the prophets, and your fathers killed them,
JAMES CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 13, 14, 15
13) Who is the wise man and endued with knowledge among you? Let him show out of a good life his works with meekness of wisdom.
14) But if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, boast not, and lie not against the truth.
15) This wisdom descends not from above, but is earthly, sensual demonic.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 20, 21, 22
20) Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21) Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
22) Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mix strong drink:
ECCLESIASTES CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16
13) This wisdom have I seen also under the sun, and it seemed great unto me;
14) There was a little city, and few men within it, and there came a great King against it, and besieged it, and build great bulwarks against it.
15) Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city: yet no man remembered that same poor man.
16) Then said I, wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
PROVERBS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5
2) To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
3) To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
4To give prudence to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
5) A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels.
1 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) This is a true saying, if a man desires the office of a bishop, he desires a good work.
2) A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3) Not given to wine, not violent, not greedy of dishonest gain; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4) One that rules well his own house, having his children in subjection with all respect;
5) (For if a man knows not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 18, 19, 20
18) For verily I say to you. Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20) For I say unto you. That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees; you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.