THE SACRIFICE OF LOVE
JOHN CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
11) I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.
12) But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep, and flees: and the wolf catches them, and scatters the sheep.
13) The hireling flees, because he is a hireling, and cares not for the sheep.
14) I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15) As the Father knows me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall here my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17) Therefore does my father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again?
18) No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
LUKE CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 25, 26, 27
25) And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27) And whosoever does not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 6, 7, 8, 9
6) If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend, who is as your own soul, entices you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known, you, nor your fathers;
7) Namely, of the gods of the people who are round about you, near unto you, or far off from you, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8) You shall not yield unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall your eye pity him, neither shall you spare, neither shall you conceal him:
9) But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people
GENESIS CHAPTER 22
6) And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
JUDGES CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 34, 35
34) And Jephthah came to Mizpah unto his house, and behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; besides her he had neither son nor daughter.
35) And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he tore his clothes, and said, alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low, and you are one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.
JOHN CHAPTER 21
VERSE, 15, 16, 17
15) So when they had dined, Jesus said to Simon peter, Simon, son of Jonas, do you love me more than these? He said unto him, Yea, LORD; you know that I love you. He said unto him, Feed my lambs.
16) He said to him again the second time, Simon son of Jonas, do you love me? He said unto him, Yea, LORD; you know that I love you. He said unto him, Feed my sheep.
17) He said unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, do you love me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Do you love me? And he said to him, Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you. Jesus said unto him, Feed my sheep.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a changing cymbal.
2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have no love, it profits me nothing.
4) Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up.
5) Does not behave itself rudely, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, keeps no record of evil;
6) Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
GALATIANS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 13, 14, 15
13) For, brethren, you have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serves one another
14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; you shall love your neighbor as yourself.
15) But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed one of another
REVELATION CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 19, 20
19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: If any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will eat with him, and he with me.
JOHN CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
9) As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; continue you in my love.
10) If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
11) These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12) This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you.
13) Greater love has no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.
ROMANS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, 0r peril, or sword?
36) As it is written, for your sake we are killed all the daylong; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our LORD
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 17
VERSE, 34, 35
34) And David said unto Saul, your servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:
35) And I went out after him, and struck him, and delivered it out of his mouth; and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and struck him, and slew him.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, AND 35
26) The servant therefore fell down, and worshiped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.
27) Then the lord of the servant was moved with compassion, and released him, and forgave him the debt
28) But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, who owed him a hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me what you owe.
29) And his fellow servant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.
30) And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31) So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
35) So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, If you from your hearts forgive not everyone his brother their trespasses.
LUKE CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
25) And, behold, certain lawyer stood up, and tested him, saying, teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26) He said unto him, what is written in the law? How read you?
27) And he answering said, you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.
28) And he said unto him, you have answered right: this do and you shall live.
29) But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, and who is my neighbor?
30) And Jesus answering said. A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among the thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31) And by chance there came down a certain priest that way; and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side
1 JOHN CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
16) And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.
17) In this is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment; because as he is, so are we in this world.
18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love cast out fear; because fear has to do with punishment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.
19) We love him, because he first loved us.
20) If a man says, I love God, and hate his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21) And these commandments have we from him, that he who loves God loves his brother also.
1 JOHN CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 7, 8, 9, 10
7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loves is born of God, and knows God.
8) He that loves not knows not God, for God is love.
9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10) In this is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
SONGS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 6, 7
6) Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm: for love is a strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: its flames are flames of fire, a most vehement flame.
7) Many waters cannot quench love; neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the wealth of his house for love, it would utterly be rejected.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
28) And Jonathan answered Saul. David earnestly asked leave of me to go to Bethlehem:
29) And he said, Let me go. I pray you; for our family has a sacrifice in the city; and my brother, he has commanded me to be there: and now, if I have found favor in your eyes, let me get away, I pray you, and see my brethren. Therefore he comes not unto the King’s table.
30) Then Saul’s anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him. You son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that you have chosen the son of Jesse to your own shame, and unto the shame of your mother’s nakedness?
31) For as long as the son of Jesse lives upon the ground, you shall not be established, nor your Kingdom. Therefore now send and fetch him unto me, for he shall surly die.
32) And Jonathan answered Saul his father, and said unto him. Why shall he be slain? What has he done?
33) And Saul cast a javelin at him to strike him: whereby Jonathan knew that it was determined of his father to slay David
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 16, 17, 18
16) And Jonathan Saul’s son arose, and went to David into the forest, and strengthened his hand in God.
17) And he said unto him. Fear not: for the hand of Saul my father shall not find you: and you shall be King over Israel, and I shall be next unto you: and that also Saul my father knows.
18) And they both made a covenant before the Lord: and David abode in the forest, and Jonathan went to his house.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 24
4) And the men of David said unto him. Behold the day of which the lord said unto you. Behold. I will deliver your enemy into your hand that you may do to him as it shall seem good unto you. Then David arose, and cut off the skirt of Saul’s robe stealthily.
1 Samuel chapter 24
17) And he said to David, you are more righteous than I: for you have rewarded me with good, whereas I have rewarded you with evil.
ROMANS CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 19, 20, 21
19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written. Vengeance is mine: I will repay, says the Lord
20) Therefore if your enemy hungers, feed him: if he thirsts, give him drink: for in so doing you shall heap coals of fire on his head.
21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
2 KINGS CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 21, 22, 23
21) And the king of Israel said unto Elisha, when he saw them. My father, shall I slay them? Shall I slay them?
22) And he answered. You shall not slay them: would you slay those whom you have taken captive with your sword and with your bow? Set bread and water before them that they may eat and drink, and go to their master.
23) And he prepared a great feast for them: and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 19
VERSE, 27, 28, 29
27) Then answered Peter and said unto him. Behold we have forsaken all, and followed you: what shall we have therefore?
28) And Jesus said unto them. Verily I say unto you. That you who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29) And everyone that has forsaken houses, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
PSALM CHAPTER 27
10) When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
7) Ask and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock and it shall be opened unto you
8) For every one that asks receives: and he that seeks finds: and of him that knocks it shall be opened.
9) Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10) Or if he asks a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him.
12) Therefore all things whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.