THE NATURE OF GOD
PSALMS CHAPTER 139
VERSE, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12, 13, 14
6) Such knowledge is too wonderful for me: it is high. I cannot attain unto it.
7) Where shall I go from your spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8) If I ascend up into heaven, you are there: If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there.
9) If take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10) Even there shall your hand lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
11) If I say. Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12) Yea. The darkness hides not from you; but the night shines as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to you.
13) For you have formed my inward parts: you have covered me in my mother’s womb.
14) I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works: and that my soul knows right well.
JOB CHAPTER 38
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
1) Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said.
2) Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
3) Gird up now your loins like a man; for I will demand of you and you answer me.
4) Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Declare, if you have understanding.
5) Who has determined the measures thereof, if you know? Or who has stretched the line upon it.
6) On what are its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone.
7) When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy.
HABAKKUK CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5
2) O LORD, I have heard your speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive your work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.
3) God came from Teman, and the holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.
4) And his brightness was as the light: he had rays flashing out of his hand: and there was his power hidden.
5) Before him went the pestilence, and burning fever went forth at his feet.
EXODUS CHAPTER 19
VERSE, 16, 17, 18, 19
16) And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightning, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceedingly loud: so that all the people that were in the camp trembled.
17) And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God: and they stood at the lower part of the mount.
18) And Mount Sinai was completely in smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire; and the smoke of it descended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
19) And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him by a voice.
REVELATION CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said , Come up here, and I will show you things which must be hereafter.
2) And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3) And he that sat was to look like Jasper and a carnelian stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in appearance like unto an emerald.
4) And round about the throne were four and twenty thrones: and upon the thrones I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white clothing; and they had on their hands crowns of gold.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 22
VERSE, 19, 20, 21, 22
19) And he said. Hear you therefore the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left;
20) And the LORD said. Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
21) And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said I will persuade him.
22) And the LORD said unto him, by what means? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said. You shall persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
DANIEL CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
4) And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;
5) Then I lifted up my eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist was girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
6)His body also was like beryl, and his face as the appearance of lighting, and his eyes as torches of fire, and his arms and his feet like in color to polished bronze, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
7) And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great trembling fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
8) Therefore I saw left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my vigor was turned in me into ruin, and I retained no strength.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 2, 3, 4
2) And you shall remember all the way which the LORD your God led you these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, and to test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments, or not.
3) And he humbled you, and allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna, which you knew not, neither did your fathers know; that he might make you know that man does not live by bread only, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD does man live.
4) Your clothing grew not old upon you; neither did your foot swell these forty years.
JOB CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 7, 8, 9
7) But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach you; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell you:
8) Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach you: and the fish of the sea shall declare unto you.
9) Who knows not among all these that the hand of the LORD has done this?
ISAIAH CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2) Above it stood the seraphim; each one had six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he did fly.
3) And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of Host: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4) And the posts of the door were shaken at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5) Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone: because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the king, the LORD of host.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 26, 27, 28
26) And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
27) And I saw as the color of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his waist even upward, and from the appearance of his waist even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
28) As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spoke.
DANIEL CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 9, 10
9) Now God had brought Daniel into favor and kindness with the prince of the eunuchs.
10) And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who has appointed your food and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse looking than the young men who are of your age? Then shall you make me endanger my head to the king.
EXODUS CHAPTER 33
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
17) And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that you have spoken: for you have found grace in my sight, and I know you by name.
18) And he said, I beseech you, show me your glory.
19) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
20) And he said you cannot see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21) And the LORD said behold, there is a place by me, and you shall stand upon a rock:
22) And it shall come pass, while my glory passes by, that I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and will cover you with my hand while I pass by:
23) And I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back: but my face shall not be seen.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 19
VERSE, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
9) And he came there unto a cave, and lodged there: and behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him. What do you here Elijah?
10) And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of host: for the children of Israel have forsake your covenant, thrown down your altars, and slain your prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
11) And he said. Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains, and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
12) And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
13) And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entrance of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said. What do you here Elijah?
ISAIAH CHAPTER 45
VERSE, 4, 5, 6, 7
4) For Jacob my servant’s sake, and Israel my elect, I have even called you by your name: I have named you, though you have not know me.
5) I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me: I girded you, though you have not known me:
6) That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create calamity: I the LORD do all these things.
JOB CHAPTER 36
VERSE, 31, 32, 33
31) For by them judges he the people: he gives food in abundance.
32) With clouds he covers the light: and commands it not to shine by the cloud that comes between.
33) The thunder thereof declares it, the cattle also, concerning the vapor.
JOB CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 7, 8, 9, 10
7) Can you by searching find out God? Can you find out the limits of the Almighty?
8) It is as high as heaven: what can you do? Deeper than Sheol: what can you know?
9) The measure of it is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
10) If he cuts off, and shuts up, or gathers together, then who can hinder him?
ISAIAH CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 2, 3
2) Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth, for the LORD has spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
3) The ox knows his owner and the donkey his master’s crib: but Israel does not know, my people do not consider.
REVELATION CHAPTER 21
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no more sea.
2) And I John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and god himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5) And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
JOHN CHAPTER 17
VERSE, 20, 21, 22, 23
20) I do not pray for these alone, but for them also who shall believe on me through their word.
21) That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22) And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one;
23) And in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that you have sent me, and have loved them, as you have loved me.
1 JOHN CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the children of God and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
AMOS CHAPTER 4
13) For, he that forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares unto man what is his thought, that makes the morning darkness, and treads upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of host, is his name.
EXODUS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the west side of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
2) And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
3) And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
4) And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said. Here am I.
5) And he said, Draw not near here; put off your shoes from your feet, for the place on which you stand is holy ground.
HEBREWS CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2) To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation king of righteousness, and after that also king of Salem, which is king of peace;
3) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abides a priest continually.