THE MEANING OF THE TREES
GENESIS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 8, 9
8) And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden: and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9) And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
GENESIS CHAPTER 3
22) And the LORD God said. Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:
ISAIAH CHAPTER 53
VERSE, 1, 2
1) Who has believed our report? And to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2) For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he has no stately from nor splendor; and when he shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 31
VERSE, 8, 9
8) The cedars in the garden of God could not hide it: the fir trees were not like its boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like its branches: nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto it in its beauty.
9) I have made it beautiful by the multitude of its branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of god envied it.
DANIEL CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 20, 21, 22
20) The tree that you saw, which grew, and was strong, whose height reached unto the heaven, and its sight to all the earth;
21) Whose leaves were faire and its fruit much, and in it was food for all: under which the beasts of the field dwelt, and upon whose branches the fowls of the heaven had their habitation:
22) It is you. O King, that have grown and become strong: for your greatness has grown, and reached unto heaven, and your dominion to the end of the earth.
ISAIAS CHAPTER 61
VERSE, 3, 4
3) To provide for them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness: that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
4) And they shall build the old wastes, they shall rise up the former desolations, end they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
ISAIAS CHAPTER 55
VERSE, 12, 13
12) For you shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13) Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
REVELATION CHAPTER 22
VERSE, 13, 14
13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14) Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 19, 20
19) When you shall besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, you shall not destroy the trees thereof by wielding an ax against them: for you may eat of them, and you shall not cut them down ( for the tree of the field is man’s life) to employ them in the siege:
20) Only the trees which you know will not be trees for food, you shall destroy and cut them down; and shall build bulwarks against the city that makes war with you, until it is subdued.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
15) Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16) You shall know them by the fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or fig of thistles?
17) Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit: but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit
19) Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20) Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
MARK CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 22, 23, 24
22) And he came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
23) And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town: and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw anything.
24) And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 65
VERSE, 22, 23
22) They shall not build, and another inhabits: they shall not plant, and another eats: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and my elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23) They shall not labor in vain, nor bring forth for trouble: for they are the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
LUKE CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 30, 31
30) Then shall they begin to say to the mountains. Fall on us: and to the hills, cover us.
31) For if they do these things with a green tree, what shall be done with the dry?
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 47
12) And by the river upon its bank, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for food, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall its fruit be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to its months, because the waters flowed out of the sanctuary: and its fruit shall be for food, and its leaf for medicine.
JUDGES CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 7, 8, 9
7) And when they told it to Jotham, he went and stood in the top of mount Gerizim, and lifted up his voice, and cried, and said unto them. Hearken unto me, you men of Shechem that God may hearken unto you.
8) The trees went forth once to anoint a king over them: and they said unto the olive tree. Reign over us.
9) But the olive tree said unto them. Should I leave my fatness, with which by me they honor God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
MATTHEW CHAPTER 12
33) Either make the tree good, or its fruit good: or else make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by its fruit.
2 SAMUEL CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 6, 7
6) And the son of Belial shall be all of them as thorns thrust away, because they cannot be taken with hands:
7) But the man that shall touch them must be armed with iron and the shaft of a spear; and they shall be utterly burned with fire in their place.
MICAN CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 3, 4
3) That they may do evil with both hands earnestly, the prince asks. And the judge asks for a pride: and the great man, he utters his evil desire: so they weave it together.
4) The best of them is like a brier: the most upright is sharper than a thorn hedge: the day of your watchmen and your punishment comes: now shall be their perplexity.
PROVERBS CHAPTER 11
30) The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life: and he that wins souls is wise.
JOB CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 7, 8, 9, 10
7) For there is hope for a tree, if it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender shoots thereof will not cease.
8) Though its root grows old in the earth, and its stump dies in the ground:
9) Yet at the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth branches like a plant.
10) But man dies, and wastes away: Yea. Man expires, and where is he?