THE MEANING OF SALT OF THE SCRIPTURES
MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16
13) You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt has lost its savor, how shall it be salted? It is thereafter good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14) You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
15) Neither do men light a lamb, and put it under a bushel, but on a lamb stand: and it gives light unto all that are in the house.
16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
COLOSSIANS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,
2) Continue in prayer, and watch in it with thanksgiving;
3) Praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
4) That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
5) Walk in wisdom toward them that are outsiders, redeeming the time.
6) Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt that you may known how you ought to answer every man.
LEVITICUS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 11, 12, 13,
11) No grain offering, which you shall bring unto the LORD. Shall be made with leaven: for you shall burn no leaven, nor any honey, in any offering of the LORD made by fire.
12) As for the offering of the first fruits, you shall offer them unto the LORD: bud they shall not be burned on the altar for a sweet aroma.
13) And every offering of your grain offering shall you season with salt: neither shall you allow the salt of the covenant of your God to be lacking from your grain offering: with all your offerings you shall offer salt.
NAMBERS CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 18, 19
18) And the flesh of them shall be yours, as the wave breast and as the right shoulder are yours.
19) All the heave offerings of the holy things, which the children of Israel offer unto the LORD, have I given you, and your sons and your daughters with you, by a statute forever; it is a covenant of salt forever before the LORD unto you and to your descendants with you.
MARK CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 49, 50,
49) For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
50) Salt is good: but if the salt has lost its saltiness, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.
2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 4, 5, 6,
4) And Abijah stood up upon mount Zemaraim, which is in the mountains of Ephraim, and said. Hear me, you Jeroboam, and all Israel;
5) Ought you not to know that the LORD God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David forever, even to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt?
6) Yet Jeroboam the son of Nebat, the servant of Solomon the son of David, has risen up, and has rebelled against his lord.
2 KINGS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 19, 20, 21, 22,
19) And the men of the city said unto Elisha, Behold, I pray you; the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord sees: but the waters are bad, and the ground barren.
20) And he said Bring me a new jar, and put salt init. And they brought it to him.
21) And he went forth unto the spring of the waters, and cast the salt in there, and said. Thus says the LORD, I have healed these waters; there shall not be from there any more death or barren land.
22) So the waters were healed unto this day, according to the saying of Elisha which he spoke.
LUKE CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 33, 34, 35,
33) So likewise, whosoever he is of you that forsake not all that he has, he cannot be my disciple.
34) Salt is good: but if the salt has lost its taste, how shall it be restored?
35) It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dung hill; but men cast it out. He that has ears to hear let him hear.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 29
VERSE, 21, 22, 23,
21) And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law;
22) So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land. Shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the Lord has laid upon it;
23) And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor does it bear, nor any grass grows therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and his wrath: