THE HUMAN HEART FROM INFANCY DECEPTIVE
MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 6, 7, 8
6) Blessed are they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7) Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8) Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
MARK CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 29, 30
29) And Jesus answered him. The first of all the commandments is. Hear, O Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD:
30) And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with your entire mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment.
MARK CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
18) And he said unto them. Are you so without understanding also? Do you not perceive, that whatsoever thing from outside enters into the man, it cannot defile him;
19) Because it enters not into his heart, but into the belly, and goes out into the drain, purging all foods?
20) And he said. What comes out of the man that defiles the man.
21) For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders.
22) Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23) All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
2 SAMUEL CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 3, 4, 5, 6
3) And Absalom said unto him. See, your matters are good and right; but there is no man appointed of the king to hear you.
4) Absalom said moreover. Oh that I were made judge in the land, that every man who has any suit or cause might come unto me, and I would do him justice!
5) And it was so, that when any man came near to him to bow down to him, he put forth his hand, and took him, and kissed him.
6) And in this manner did Absalom to all Israel that came to the king for judgment: so Absalom stole the hearts of the men of Israel.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
1) The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying.
2) Son of man, say unto the prince of tyre, Thus say the Lord God; Because your heart is lifted up, and you have said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet you are a man, and not God, though you set your heart as the heart of God:
3) Behold, you are wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from you:
4) With your wisdom and with your understanding you have gotten yourself riches, and have gotten gold and silver into your treasuries;
5) By your great wisdom and by your trade have you increased your riches, and your heart is lifted up because of your riches:
6) Therefore thus says the Lord God; because you have set your heart as the heart of god.
7) Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon you, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, and they shall defile your brightness.
DANIEL CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 15, 16
15) Nevertheless leave the stump of its roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and bronze, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beast in the grass of the earth:
16) Let his heart be changed from men and let a beast’s heart be given unto him: and let seven times pass over him.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 36
VERSE, 25, 26, 27
25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
27) And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them.
GENESIS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 20, 21, 22
20) And Noah built an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burn offerings on the altar.
21) And the LORD smelled a sweet odor; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake; for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more everything living, as I have done.
22) While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
PROVERBS CHAPTER 25
3) The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.
2 SAMUEL CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 8, 9, 10
8) So when they had gone through all the land, they came to Jerusalem at the end of nine months and twenty days.
9) And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.
10) And David’s heart condemned him after he had numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD. I have sinned greatly in what I have done: and now, I beseech you. O LORD takes away the iniquity of your servant; for I have done very foolishly.
JEREMIAH CHAPTER 17
VERSE, 9, 10
9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10) I the LORD search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 57
15) For thus says the high and lofty One that inhabits eternity. Whose name is Holy? I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
ACTS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 3, 4
3) But Peter said. Ananias why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land?
4) While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own power? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied unto men, but unto God.
JOHN CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 2, 3
2) And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him:
3) Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he came from God, and wend to God:
ECCLESIASTES CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 18, 19
18) I said in my heart concerning the condition of the sons of men, that God might reveal them, and that they might see that they themselves are beast.
19) For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beast: the same thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other: Yea, they have all one breath: so that a man has no advantage over a beast: for all is vanity.
ECCLESIASTES CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 3, 4
3) Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4) The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning: but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 4, 5
4) And the men of David said unto him. Behold the day of which the LORD said unto you. Behold, I will deliver your enemy into your hand that you may do to him as it shall seem good unto you. Then David arose, and cut off the skirt of Saul’s robe stealthily.
5) And it came to pass afterward, that David’s heart troubled him, because he had cut off Saul’s robe.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 13, 14
13) And when he came, Eli sat upon a seat by the wayside watching: for his heart trembled for the ark of God. And when the man came into the city, and told it, the entire city cried out.
14) And when Eli heard the noise of the crying, he said. What is the meaning of the noise of this tumult? And the man came in hastily, and told Eli.
HEBREWS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 7, 8
7) Therefore (as the Holy Spirit says. Today if you hear his voice.
8) Harden not your hearts, as in the rebellion, in the day of testing in the wilderness:
EXODUS CHAPTER 7
3) And I will harden Pharaoh’s, heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.