THE FLESH COUNTERACT TO THE SPIRIT
ROMANS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9) But you are not in flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.
ROMANS CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
17) Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwell in me.
18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19) For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20) Now if I do that which I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22) For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24) O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our LORD. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God: but with the flesh the law of sin.
ROMANS CHAPTER 3
20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
13) When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?
14) And they said some say that you are John the Baptist: some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.
15) He said unto them. But whom say you that I am?
16) And Simon Peter answered. You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17) And Jesus answered and said unto him. Blessed are you. Simon Bar-Jonah: for flesh and blood has not revealed it unto you, but my Father who is in heaven.
JOHN CHAPTER 17
VERSE, 2, 3
2) As you have given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as you have given him.
3) And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
JOHN CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
51) I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any man eats of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52) The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, how can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, Verily, I say to you, except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54) Whosoever eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55) For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
JOHN CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 61, 62, 63
61) When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them. Does this offend you?
62) What if you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63) It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
ACTS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 17, 18
17) And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God; I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18) And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my spirit; and they shall prophesy.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
44) It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
45) And so it is written. The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a life-giving spirit.
46) But that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47) The first man is of the earth, made of dust: the second man is the LORD from heaven.
48) As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49) And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 40
VERSE, 6, 7, 8
6) The voice said. Cry. And he said. What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all its loveliness is as the flower of the field:
7) The grass withers, the flowers fades: because the breath of the LORD blows upon it: surely the people are grass.
8) The grass withers, the flower fades: but the word of our God shall stand forever.
ROMANS CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 16, 17, 18, 19
16) Known you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17) But god be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18) Being then made free from sin, you became the servants of righteousness.
2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5
2) But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, though I think to be bold against some, who think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh:
4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds ;)
5) Casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
MATTHEW CHAPTER 26
VERSE, 40, 41
40) And he came unto the disciples, and found them asleep, and said unto Peter. What could you not watch with me one hour?
41) Watch and pray that you enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
JOB CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 5, 6, 7
5) My flesh is caked with worms and dust; my skin is broken, and become loathsome.
6) My days are swifter than a weaver’s shuttle, and are spent without hope.
7) O remembers that my life is a breath: my eye shall no more see well.
MARK CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 45, 46
45) And if your foot offends you, cut it off: it is better for you to enter lame into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46) Where the worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched:
JOHN CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 25, 26
25) He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
26) If any man serves me, let him follow me: and where I am there shall also my servant be: If any man serves me, him will my Father honor.