DOUBLE MINDED UNSTABLE
JAMES CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8
5) If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally, and reproaches not; and it shall be given him.
6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7) For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the LORD.
8) A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 6
24) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
ACTS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1) But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession.
2) And kept back part of the price, his wife also knowing it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostle’s feet.
3) But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4) While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own power? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied unto men, but unto God.
5) And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and died: and great fear came in all them that heard these things.
6) And the young men arose, wrapped him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
NUMBERS CHAPTER 30
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
2) If a man vows a vow unto the Lord, or swears an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all the proceeds out of his mouth.
3) If a woman also vows a vow unto the Lord, and binds herself by a bond, being in her father’s house in her youth;
4) And her father hears her vow, and her bond with which she has bound her soul, and her father shall hold his peace at her; then all her vows shall stand, and every bond with which she has bound her soul shall stand.
5) But if her father forbids her in the day that he hears; not any of her vows, or of her bonds with which she has bound her soul, shall stand, and the Lord shall forgive her, because her father forbade her.
6) And if she had indeed a husband, when she vowed, or uttered anything out of her lips, with which she bound her soul;
1 KINGS CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
18) He said unto him, I am a prophet also as you are; and an angel spoke unto me by the word of the Lord, saying, bring him back with you into your house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him.
19) So he went back with him, and did eat bread in his house, and drank water.
20) And it came to pass, as they sat at the table that the word of the lord came unto the prophet that brought him back:
21) And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus say the Lord, Because you have disobeyed the mouth of the Lord, and have not kept the commandment which the Lord your God commanded you,
22) But you came back, ate bread, and drank water in the place of which the Lord said to you, eat no bread and drink no water; your corpse shall not come to the tomb of your fathers.
REVELATION CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 15, 16, 17
15) I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot: I would that you were cold or hot.
16) So then because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
17) Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and know not that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
LUKE CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
3) Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? For my lord takes away from me the stewardship; I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
4) I have decided what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
5) So he called every one of his lord’s debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owe you unto my lord?
6) And he said A hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take your bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
7) Then said he to another, And how much owe you? And he said A hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take your bill, and write fourscore.
8) And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of the light.
9) And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends by means of the mammon of unrighteousness; that when it fails, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 30
19) I call heaven and earth as witness this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life that both you and your descendants may live:
MATTHEW CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 34, 35, 36, 37
34) O generation of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36) But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment.
37) For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
33) Again, you have heard that it has been said by them of old time, you shall not perjure yourself, but shall perform unto the Lord your oaths:
34) But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne:
35) Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36) Neither shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37) But let your “Yes” be “Yes”: and your “No” “No”: for whatsoever is more than these come from evil.
2 SAMUEL CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8
5) And when King David came to Bahurim, behold there came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed continually as he came.
6) And he cast stones at David, and at all the servants of King David: and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left.
7) And thus said Shimei when he cursed, Come out, come out, you bloody man, and you man of Belial;
8) The LORD has returned upon you all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose place you have reigned; and the Lord has delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom your Son: and behold, you are taken in your mischief, because you are a bloody man.