1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 41, 42
41) And as soon as the lad was gone. David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David regained control.
42) And Jonathan said to David. Go in peace, since we have sworn both of us in the name of the Lord, saying. The Lord be between me and you and between my descendants and your descendants forever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 7, 8
7) So David restrained his servants with these words, and allowed them not to rise against Saul. But Saul rose up out of the cave, and went on his way.
8) David also arose afterward, and went out of the cave, and called after Saul. Saying. My lord the King. And when Saul looked behind him. David stooped with his face to the earth, and bowed himself.
2 SAMUEL CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8
5) And when King David came to Bahurim, behold there came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed continually as he came.
6) And he cast stones at David, and at all the servants of King David: and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left.
7) And thus said Shimei when he cursed. Come out, come out, you bloody man, and you man of Belial.
8) The Lord has returned upon you all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose place you have reigned; and the Lord has delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom your son: and behold, you are taken in your mischief, because you are a bloody man.
LUKE CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a tax collector.
11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself. God, I thank you, that I am not as the other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12) I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I possess.
13) And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote unto his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for everyone that exalts himself shall be abased; and he that humbles himself shall be exalted.
LUKE CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 46, 47, 48
46) And Mary said. My soul does magnify the LORD.
47) And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
48) For he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 25
VERSE, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
18) Than Abigail made haste, and took two hundred loaves, and tow skins of wine, and five sheep already dressed, and five measures of parched grain, and a hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of figs, and laid them on donkeys.
19) And she said unto her servants. Go on before me; behold, I come after you. But she told not her husband Nabal.
20) And it was so, as she rode on the donkey, that she came down under cover of the hill, and behold, David and his men came down toward her; and she met them.
21) Now David had said, surely in vain have I kept all that this fellow has in the wilderness, so that nothing was missed of all that pertained unto him: and he has repaid me evil for good?
22) God do so and more also unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that belong to him by the morning light even one male.
23) And when Abigail saw David, she hastened, and got off the donkey, and fell before David on her face, and bowed herself to the ground.
24) And fell at his feet, and said, upon me, my lord, upon me let this iniquity be: and let your handmaid, I pray you, speak in your audience, and hear the words of your handmaid.
MARK CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
24) And from there he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into a house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.
25) For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:
26) The woman was Greek, a Syrophoenician by race; and she besought him that he would cast forth the demon out of her daughter.
27) But Jesus said unto her. Let the children first be filled: for it is not right to take the children’s bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
28) And she answered and said unto him, Yes LORD: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children’s crumbs
29) And he said unto her. For this saying go your way; the demon is gone out of your daughter.
30) And when she was come to her house, she found the demon gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.
ACTS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 33, 34
33) In his humiliation his justice was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? For his life is taken from the earth.
34) And the eunuch asked Philip, and said. I pray you, of whom speaks the prophet this? Of himself, or of some other man?
ESTHER CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
11) To bring Vashti the queen before the king with the crown royal, to show the people and the princes her beauty: for she was fair to look upon.
12) But queen Vashti refused to come at the king’s commandment by his eunuchs: therefore was the king very angry, and his anger burned within him.
13) Then the king said to the wise men, who knew the times, (for so was the king’s manner toward all that knew law and judgment:
14) And next to him was Carshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, and Memucan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, who saw the king’s face, and who sat first in the kingdom ;)
15) What shall we do unto queen Vashti according to law, because she has not obeyed the commandment of king Ahasuerus by the eunuchs?
ESTHER CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 3, 4, 5, 6
3) And Esther spoke yet again before the king, and fell down at his feet, and besought him with tears to put away the mischief of Hamam the Agagite, and his plot that he had devised against the Jews.
4) Then the king held out the golden scepter toward Esther. So Esther arose, and stood before the king.
5) And said, if it please the king, and if I have found favor in his sight, and the thing seems right before the king, and I am pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to reverse the letters devised by haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, which he wrote to destroy the Jews who are in all the king’s provinces:
ESTHER CHAPTER 5
14) Then said Zeresh his wife and all his friends unto him. Let a gallows be made of fifty cubits high, and tomorrow speak you unto the king that Mordecai may be hanged thereon: then go you in merrily with the king unto the banquet. And the thing pleased Haman: and he caused the gallows to be made.
2 SAMUEL CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 4, 5
4) Absalom said moreover. Oh that I were made judge in the land, that every man who has any suit or cause might come unto me, and I would do him justice.
5) And it was so, that when any man came near to him to bow down to him, he put forth his hand, and took him, and kissed him.
JEREMIAH CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
1) Thus says the LORD unto me. Go and buy you a linen belt, and put it upon your waist, and put it not in water.
2) So I bought a belt according the word of the LORD, and put it on my waist.
3) And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying.
4) Take the belt that you have bought, which is upon your waist, and arise, go to the Euphrates, and hide it there in a hole in the rock.
5) So I went, and hide it by the Euphrates, as the LORD commanded me.
6) And it came to pass after many days that the LORD said unto me arise, go to the Euphrates, and take the belt from there, which I commanded you to hide there.
7) Then I went to the Euphrates, and dug, and took the belt from the place where I had hid it: and behold, the belt was ruined, it was profitable for nothing.
8) Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying.
9) Thus says the LORD. After this manner will I ruin the pride of Judah, and the great pride of Jerusalem?
DANIEL CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
28) All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar.
29) At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon.
30) The king spoke, and said, is not this great Babylon, that I have build for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honor of my majesty?
31) While the word was in the king’s mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is spoken: The kingdom has departed from you.
32) And they shall drive you from men, and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make you to eat grass like oxen, and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that the most high rulers in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever he will.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 1, 2, 16, 17
1) The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying.
2) Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyre. Thus says the LORD God: Because your heart is lifted up, and you have said, I am a God, I sit the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet you are a man, and not God, though you set your heart as the heart of God:
16) By the multitude of your trade they have filled the midst of you with violence, and you have sinned: therefore I will cast you as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy you. O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17) Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you have corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor: I will cast you to the ground; I will lay you before kings, that they may behold you.
2 KINGS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 13, 14, 15
13) And he sent again a captain of the third fifty with his fifty men. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and besought him, and said unto him, O man of God, I pray you, let my life, and the life of these fifty men your servants, be precious in your sight.
14) Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and burnt up the two captains of the former fifties with their fifties: therefore let my life now be precious in your sight.
15) And the angel of the LORD said unto Elijah. Go down with him: be not afraid of him. And he arose, and went down with him unto the king.
GENESIS CHAPTER 33
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4
1) And Jacob lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, Esau came, and with him four hundred men. And he divided the children unto Leah, And unto Rachel, and unto the two hand maids.
2) And he put the handmaids and their children foremost, and Leah and her children after, and Rachel and Joseph last.
3) And he passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.
4) And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
JOHN CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
4) He rose from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
5) After that he poured water into a basin, and began to wash the disciple’s feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which he was girded.
6) Then came he to Simon Peter: and peter said unto him. Lord, do you wash my feet?
7) Jesus answered and said unto him. What I do you know not now; but you shall know hereafter.
8) Peter said unto him. You shall never wash my feet. Jesus answered him. If I wash you not, have not part with me.
JOHN CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 41, 42, 43, 44
41) I receive not honor from men.
42) But I know you, that you have not the love of God in you.
43) I am come in my Father’s name, and you receive me not: If another shall come in his own name, him you will receive.
44) How can you believe, who receive honor one another, and seek not the honor that comes from God only.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 6, 7, 8
6) The LORD kills, and makes alive: he brings down to the grave, and bring up.
7) The LORD makes poor, and makes rich: he bring low, and lifts up.
8) He raises up the poor out of the dust, and lifts up the beggar from the rubbish, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he has set the world upon them.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 49
VERSE, 22, 23
22) Thus says the Lord God, behold, I will lift up my hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring your sons in their arms, and your daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
23) And kings shall be your nursing fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers: they shall bow down to you with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of your feet; and you shall know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
LUKE CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 37, 38, 39
37) And behold, a woman in the city, who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat to eat in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment,
38) And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
39) Now when the Pharisee who had bidden him saw it, he spoke within himself, saying, This man if he were prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that touches him: for she is a sinner.
JEREMIAH CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 15, 16, 17
15) Hear you, and give ear; be not proud: for the LORD has spoken.
16) Give glory to the LORD your God, before he causes darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while you look for light, he turns it into the shadow of death, and makes it gross darkness.
17) But if you will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret for your pride; and my eye shall weep bitterly. And run down with tears, because the LORD’S flock is carried away captive.
PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8
5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not a thing to be grasped to be equal with God?
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.